Fire trucks and Santa Claus. Is there anything more sacred to little kids? (Or anyone for that matter?!)
It’s not Christmastime (officially) until you hear fire truck sirens off in the distance and know that Santa Claus is out in your neighborhood, riding on a firetruck. This is one of our favorite holiday traditions.
We called the North Pole and spoke with Santa’s assistant about his travel plans to the Whitemarsh area. Here is the big guy’s schedule for his annual fire truck ride through your neighborhood:
- Lafayette Hill/Whitemarsh Township: Saturday, December 16th; truck(s) leave Barren Hill Firehouse at 3:30/4:00pm
- Conshohocken: Saturday, December 9th; trucks leave Conshy Fire Dept at 1:30pm
- Conshohocken Christmas Tree Lighting- Friday, November 24th @ 5pm at Old Borough Hall, 730 Fayette St.
- Blue Bell/Whitpain: Saturday, December 16th at 10am (Rain date: Dec. 23) Centre Square Fire Co
- Norristown: (Norristown Fire Co) *Two Dates*
- Saturday, December 9th at 9:00am- Santa on the fire truck, mostly covering the western parts of Norristown
- Parents are invited to drop off a wrapped gift to the Municipal Building Dec. 11th-Dec. 15th and Santa and the firemen will drop gifts off throughout the community on Saturday, December 16th from 10:30am-1:30pm. (Call Norristown Fire Co for more info! We assume gifts must be marked with name, address etc.) *Must be a Norristown resident to participate in this*
- Flourtown/Erdenheim: Sunday, December 17th; trucks leave Flourtown Fire House at 5:30pm
- *Santa also visits Flourtown on Christmas Eve! He leaves the Flourtown Fire House at 6:00pm on Christmas Eve and heads North on Bethlehem Pike.
*Manayunk/Andorra/Roxborough are part are Philadelphia Fire Dept, they do not do a Santa fire truck run, we called and asked.
(These are also listed on our events calendar.)